Wednesday, September 23, 2009

And we're off!

It's such an understatement that we had an awesome first meeting. I had to get the cake (more on that later) from the fridge in Orbuch's room and I was a bit late, but was so overwhelmed when I walked into Mrs. Armstrong's room and it was, like, full! I seriously had to ask everyone who was there for the AR Club to raise their hands. And everyone did!

While there could have been a lot more organization and substance on my part, I feel like we're off to a good start. Well, anything is off to a good start when there's cake involved, right? Saturn Cafe was super nice and donated that beautiful vegan chocolate cake that everyone HORKED DOWN ON. I couldn't even get a picture of it. Seriously, the minute I was done blabbing everyone sprinted up to the table and the next thing I knew there were pieces flying onto plates and all that was left were some crumbs. I'd say it was a hit.


Please visit the Saturn Cafe. They're located on Laurel St. in Santa Cruz across from the Taco Bell on Pacific Ave. As "your favorite space-age vegetarian diner" they have fun decor, sweet music, great food, and they're open til 3 am, when everyone is craving steak fries, of course. It's super easy to make any dish cruelty-free: just look for the pink "V" next to most menu items or ask for it to be made vegan. Super easy & super delish!

2 comments:

  1. Words can't describe how intensely hot Marina and my picture is. It's just THAT attractive. Nice photo skills Bobo.
    -Kelseyyyyy

    ReplyDelete